Location: Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP in London
The event will cover the legal aspects relating to the movement of art: buying and selling across international borders, international loans, the role of handlers and agents… and the possible implications of Brexit. Speakers will include:
- Geoffrey Bennett, Institute of Art & Law
- Jennifer Emms, Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP
- Nickos Gogolos, Victoria & Albert Museum
- Emily Gould, Institute of Art & Law
- Luke Harris, Barrister, 5 Stone Buildings
- Ed Powles, Partner, Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP
- Anastasia Tennant, Arts Council England
Topics will include: contracting for international sales of art, the export of cultural property, international title disputes, art loan agreements, touring exhibitions, government indemnity, immunity from seizure, insurance, the liability of shippers and handlers, the role of bailment and agency, and more. The proceedings will be introduced by Richard Turnor, Partner, Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2019Time: 1.30 pm (registration) to 6.30 pm, followed by receptionLocation: Kindly hosted by Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP, Milton House, 1 Milton Street, London EC2Y 9BH Book your spot here, but please be aware there is a limit to the number of seats available and our last two events sold out quickly.For any further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be logged in to post a comment.