The Georg-August-Universität Göttingen announces a Master of Arts (MA) in History of Global Markets.
The Master’s degree programme is devoted to exploring questions of globally integrated markets from a historical perspective.
Proficiency in both English and German is recommended
Capital, labour, knowledge: factors of production are increasingly allocated competitively and across national borders. Firms and consumers find themselves interlinked through a growing network of global markets. Where did these developments originate, and how can they be understood? This degree programme imparts the analytical skills of economic and social history, and combines them with building a profile either in economics, business studies, or the social sciences and history. Our focus is on the global economy, business history, and the history of consumption.
Multiple degree awards: three degree diplomas/parchments – one from each Consortium partner
- The master’s programme history of global markets is accredited by ZEvA Hannover (Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency).
- Language: German or English (proficiency in both English and German is recommended)
- The standard period of study for this programme is four semesters.
- Enrolment is possible every semester (both summer and winter).
- Detailed information on the application requirements can be found here:
Application and admission procedures
Required application documents
- The application period to begin studying in the winter semester is from April 1 to May 15 of the same calendar year
- The application period to begin studies in the summer semester is from October 1 to November 15 of the previous calendar year