Old Masters – New Generation: Perspectives on the Future of Collecting.
Three Panel Discussions
(online / IEASA Paris, 1/2/3 Dec 2020, 6pm)
1st December 2020, Paris 18h CET, Online:
“Introduction to Old Masters and the Art Market”
This panel will give an introduction to old masters in the context of the art market. The discussion will include: appreciation of old masters; connoisseurship; provenance; authentication; taste and research.
Megan Corcoran Locke, Old Master Painting Research, ArtTactic, and Manager of Stephen Ongpin Fine Art, London, as Moderator in conversation with:
– David Ekserdjian, Art Historian and Professor of Art and Film History at the University of Leicester
– Dehlia Barman, Manager, Marketing and Business Development, ArtDiscovery, London
– Milo Dickinson, Old Master Paintings Specialist at Christie’s London
– Will Korner, Manager of International Art Fairs, The Art Loss Register, London
2nd December 2020, Paris 18h CET, Online:
“Collectors Interchange: Sharing Ideas and Insight between Generations”
This panel discussion will focus on the psychology of collectors, sharing of experiences and ideas between older and younger collectors, and comparing the traditional and modern approaches. What do they collect and what motivates them?
Tom Stammers, Art Historian and Associate Professor in Modern European Cultural History at the University of Durham, as Moderator in conversation with:
– Katrin Bellinger, Collector, London
– Keir McGuinness, Solicitor, Management and Art Consultant, and Collector, London
– Nienke van der Wal, Founder of Young Collectors Circle, Collector, Netherlands
3rd December 2020, Paris 18h CET, Online:
“Impact of Covid-19 on the Old Masters Market”
What is the new normal? This panel will focus on how the old masters market has changed within the last six months, and the relevance of old masters as part of the market going forward. It will consider what will stay the same and what may change.
Crispian Riley-Smith, Art Advisor and Dealer, Founding Director of London Art Week, London, as Moderator in conversation with:
– Georgina Adam, Journalist, Author, and Art Market Expert, London
– Stephen Ongpin, Art Dealer and Chairman of London Art Week, London
– Michael Plummer, Principal and Cofounder of Artvest Partners New York, TEFAF New York