The application process for the next Art Market Studies program (September 2021 to June 2023) is now open.
University of Zurich’s Art Market Studies offers an independent and rigorous program designed by leading professionals and academics to meet the art market current challenges.
The outstanding faculty includes more than 60 international art market specialists and scholars who share their knowledge, experience and network with our students.
Participants benefit from Switzerland’s unique network of globally recognized cultural and research institutions, auction houses, galleries and best-in-class collectors.
This interdisciplinary and integrative program covers four major areas:
• History of Art and Connoisseurship
• Art Law and Ethics
• Art Transactions and Valuation
• Digital Strategies and New Techs
These subjects are conveyed in lectures and workshops. In addition, several field trips are organized.
Courses are entirely taught in English and are held on Fridays and Saturdays in Zurich. Inclass lectures are also accessible live on Zoom and distant learning is possible.
• develop their knowledge of the history, materials, and production processes of fine and applied arts from the Renaissance to the present day;
• evaluate artworks and use the latest art market analytical tools;
• use case studies to improve legal knowledge and foster ethical thinking;
• learn to synthesize and analyze processes that are critical to small and mid-sized businesses, and to develop innovative solutions for the commercial art world;
• develop their leadership and management skills.
• analyze the latest digital processes and new techs related to the art market.
Academic credits in compliance with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) are awarded.