CAA Millard Meiss Publication Fund
About the Grant
Twice a year, CAA awards grants through the Millard Meiss Publication Fund to support book-length scholarly manuscripts in the history of art, visual studies, and related subjects that have been accepted by a publisher on their merits, but cannot be published in the most desirable form without a subsidy. Thanks to the generous bequest of the late Prof. Millard Meiss, CAA began awarding these publishing grants in 1975.
Books eligible for a Meiss grant must currently be under contract with a publisher and be on a subject in the arts or art history. The deadlines for the receipt of applications are March 15 and September 15 of each year. Please review the Application Guidelines and the Application Process, Schedule, and Checklist for complete instructions.
The seven Millard Meiss Publication Fund grantees for fall 2016 are:
- Rebecca Brown, Displaying Time: The Many Temporalities of the Festival of India, University of Washington Press
- Richard Emmerson, Apocalypse Illuminated: The Visual Exegesis of Revelation in Medieval Illustrated Manuscripts, Pennsylvania State University Press
- Michele Greet, Transatlantic Encounters: Latin American Artists in Paris Between the Wars, Yale University Press
- Sharon Hecker, A Moment’s Monument: Medardo Rosso and the International Origins of Modern Sculpture, University of California Press
- Katie Hornstein, Picturing War in France, 1792–1856, Yale University Press
- Amy Neff, A Soul’s Journey into God: Art, Theology, and Devotion in a Franciscan Manuscript of the Late Duecento, Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies
- Hsueh-man Shen, Authentic Replicas: Buddhist Art in Medieval China, University of Hawai’i Press
Read a list of all recipients of the Millard Meiss Publication Fund from 1975 to the present. The list is alphabetized by author’s last name and includes book titles and publishers.
Please contact Sarah Zabrodski, CAA editorial manager, at (country code) 212-392-4424.
Source: CAA Millard Meiss Publication Fund [accessed Feb 27, 2017]