The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on 25 May 2018, to unify the terms of data protection across the EU.
At TIAMSA we take our members’ privacy very seriously. Here we inform you about how we use and handle your data.
E-Mail Communications from TIAMSA
TIAMSA has two channels for direct communication with members and those interested in our activities:
- TIAMSA Newsletter
We occasionally send a members’ newsletter for communication with TIAMSA members only. Our constitution (9.) specifies that we will usually communicate with members “in electronic form (such as e-mail)”. When subscribing to TIAMSA for the first time, members therefore agree to receiving these messages.
- Posts by Email
We send regular announcements alerting our community to activities of interest. These announcements can be subscribed to by all interested individuals on our website. Members wishing to receive these announcements have to subscribe to them separately, they do not receive them automatically.
In both cases users have actively subscribed to these services in the past and we have not changed the character of our communications since setting them up.
Unlike organizations / companies that are currently terminating the distribution of unsolicited messages, we will not automatically unsubscribe you from our lists but will continue to send you newsletters and announcements as we have done up to now.
If you no longer wish to receive these messages, just follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each of our emails or write to email@example.com in order to terminate your subscription.
Publication of TIAMSA members’ names
- Our constitution states that one of TIAMSA’s aims is to “provide a platform for networking” (1.). In keeping with this aim our constitution also states that “The Association has the right to publish the list of its members in appropriate form (print, internet, etc.).” (2.). Members can always inform us in writing if, contrary to the rule set out in the constitution, they do not wish their names to appear on the members’ list.
TIAMSA’ Rules on Data Protection
- We do not use email addresses in manners that are not in line with our constitution and we never hand them to third parties.
- For the aim of networking as defined in our constitution, members of the association and visitors of our website may access your name and details to whose publication you consented. (We are working on an appropriate tool allowing members to edit their own details).
- TIAMSA protects your data by enforced strong passwords and a username of your choice. We encourage all members to review their settings and information. Make sure to keep your details safe and from the view of others.
- A visit to our website may result in the storage of anonymized information on our server (date, time, location, page accessed). This does not result in any analysis of personal data (e.g., name, address or e-mail address).
- TIAMSA never has access to your Credit Card details.
- TIAMSA collects your membership fees via an online payment provider called Stripe. By paying online you agree to their Terms and Conditions for collecting and processing your data, just as you do when making other online payments. The guidelines Stripe adheres to can be found here: https://stripe.com/guides/general-data-protection-regulation
You can find and review your individual payments and invoices in TIAMSA’s YOUR MEMBERSHIP area.