TIAMSA is currently looking for two coordinators. Coordinators are an essential part of our association. They disseminate information, communicate with and manage memberships, and support the Chairs, mainly during the annual conference and special events such as Live Book Discussions. The workload is about 4 to 5 hours a week for each coordinator, with 2 to 4 extra hours prior to the conference and special events.
Application deadline: 15 Aug 2023
The yearly stipend is 1,000 euros a year.
As we look forward to expanding the visibility and the geographical footprint of TIAMSA, we are looking for motivated individuals who are computer savvy and able to work autonomously. Bookkeeping experience is a plus.
Kim and I want to thank Sharon Dowley and Inna Schill for all their help and support since 2019; they will stay on until September 2023 to ensure a smooth transition.
Please send a c.v. and a letter of interest to Véronique Chagnon-Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August.
1. Weekly Posts
Member announcements and TIAMSA event posts on Thursday
General posts each Friday
– Source, edit & schedule weekly posts in WordPress
– Source images/logos where required.
2. Events – Conference
– Call for Papers correspondence
– Set up/collate conference participant spreadsheet
– Correspondence with participants/board re event details
– Update website with conference details
– Create Speaker Bio doc
– Schedule conference-related posts
– RSVP Attendees
– On-site Assistance
3. Events – Live Book Discussions & CAA
– Assist with events as required (website updates, RSVP’s, set up Zoom links etc)
4. Website Updates
– Update event pages to announce new events (Book Discussions, Conferences)
– Update Past Events page (TIAMSA Group events etc.)
– Add new blog posts (very sporadic)
– Update Who’s Who & Board pages
– Update image SEO
5. General & Member Queries
– Monitor TIAMSA office email
– Respond to all queries including information on joining, submitting posts, issues with payments, checking subscription end dates etc.
6. Technical Coordination
– Respond to all technical issues brought by members
– Liaise with IT contact for technical issues
– Liaise with IT contact for WordPress updates and any issues with website
7. Board Activities
– Board correspondence
– Board Meeting Minutes
– AGM Minutes
– AGM Invitation Newsletter (in Mailchimp)