TIAMSA is looking for a new Coordinator
The International Art Market Studies Association – TIAMSA – provides a platform and network for all researchers of the art markets: professionals such as art historians, historians, sociologists, economists, lawyers, provenance researchers and art dealers meet here to support the scientific research of all art market related subjects. Founded in 2016 and rapidly growing (with currently c. 220 members), TIAMSA is steered by an international board of distinguished art market scholars and specialists. For more information please see our website at artmarketstudies.org.
Following a recent reorganization of the Board, TIAMSA is now looking for a Coordinator. Working closely with all board members, you will bring your organizational skills, your enthusiasm for networking, your experience in the field of art market studies and your own ideas to the table. Your work is vital to help TIAMSA reach its audiences and to support the board in running and shaping the association in our members’ best interest.
- prepare and send out posts and the TIAMSA newsletter
- maintain and improve the TIAMSA website (artmarketstudies.org)
- help to organize TIAMSA board meetings
- support the organizing of TIAMSA events worldwide
- be the contact person for institutions, members and potential members
- be able to travel to events to support TIAMSA events and its networking
Work can be done from any location worldwide with a personal computer and an internet connection, but the successful candidate is required to attend the annual conference (with Board Meeting) and usually one additional annual Board Meeting.
- a strong interest in art market studies with a university degree
- excellent language skills in English
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- ability to prioritize
- some knowledge of WordPress and / or comparable social media tools (Mailchimp, Instagram, etc.) and enthusiasm for such means of communication
There will be very busy periods (e.g. during conference preparations and other events) when the work load may increase, but there will also be periods when there will be no work.
The successful candidate will liaise with all Board Members, but will especially answer to the Executive Committee (currently the two Chairpersons and the Financial Officer).
TIAMSA can offer a lump sum compensation (2K GBP p.a.), appropriate travel expenses, great experience in a wonderful international team and a highly valuable network of contacts that should coincide with your professional interests.
Please send your application and short CV to Veronika Korbei, email@example.com. The application deadline is July 22, 2018. Candidates will be notified via telephone or email and interviews will be held in August 2018.
Tiamsa Coordinator (.pdf)