The University of Hong Kong is currently accepting applications for Ph.D. students in American Studies with an emphasis in Art History, Film Studies, and/or Literature.
Application Deadline: 1 Dec 2020
The university offers competitive Ph.D. fellowships for up to HK$ 309,000 (approximately 40,000 USD; 30,500 GBP; 52,000 CAD) per year to successful applicants. Candidates with an outstanding academic record are encouraged to apply here:
For inquiries about applying to post-graduate studies at HKU please contact: email@example.com. Visit our website to learn about the specialities of the faculty: https://amstudy.hku.hk/index.html
The American Studies Program at The University of Hong Kong is specifically seeking Ph.D. applicants in the following areas:
– Modern and Contemporary Art
– Visual Culture of the 20th and 21st centuries
– Latin American Literature
– Screen studies (film, television, streaming video, virtual reality film)
– Memory studies (with a focus on audio-visual narratives, e.g. film or museum)
– Cinematic virtual reality
Interested applicants may also contact Dr. Monica Steinberg (firstname.lastname@example.org, Art History), Dr. Tim Gruenewald (email@example.com, Film Studies), or Dr. Bárbara Fernández Melleda (firstname.lastname@example.org, Literature) for questions regarding Ph.D. supervision.