The third issue of the Journal for Art Market Studies focuses on the role and development of the exhibition space in a commercial context, from the American barbershop to veritable art trade palaces built in Munich around 1900, as well as both forerunners of and alternatives to today’s commercial gallery spaces.
TIAMSA proudly announces Noah Horowitz as keynote speaker at its upcoming ART FAIRS conference
Noah Horowitz directs the Art Basel Miami Beach show, one of the most successful art fairs worldwide. His keynote speech will greatly enrich our conference that will explore the theme of art fairs in historical and contemporary perspective.
Venue: London, Sotheby’s Institute of Art, 14/15 July 2017.
Submit your proposal to our Call for Papers, closing on March 12th.
Basel, 13. – 15.06.2017
Application deadline: Nov 28, 2017
The Junge Freundeskreis der Kulturstiftung der Länder invites applications for five travel grants to the 48th Art Basel 2017.
It supports five emerging scholars in art history to travel to Art Basel between 13-15 June 2017. This offer is exclusive to curatorial assistants (Volontäre) in German Museums.
A grant covers travel costs, accommodation, the day passes to the fair as well as a small amount for expenses. In exchange successful applicants will write a final report about their experience at Art Basel.
Further information, the program and instructions about the application process in German can be found here.
Freundeskreis der Kulturstiftung der Länder
Herrn Prof. Dr. Frank Druffner
Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 89 36 35 – 19
Reference: STIP: 5 Reisestipendien zur 48. Art Basel. In: H-ArtHist, Feb 7, 2017 (accessed Feb 8, 2017).
The TIAMSA subscriptions of many members has run out on 31 Jan 2017 (even if you chose “auto renew” when first registering).
Here is what you need to do:
- First, please wait to receive the expiration message from TIAMSA in your email inbox.
- Return to artmarketstudies.org and LOG IN with your details (username or email address, and password).
- After logging in, find the ‘Join’ button in the main menu bar and choose ‘Register’ from the drop-down menu.
- Most of your details (such as title, address etc.) are known to the system from your previous membership. Therefore, you will only need to choose the appropriate membership category, fill in your credit card details and postcode, and decide if you want your membership to renew automatically (we recommend this for obvious reasons);
- Press the „Register“ button;
NB: The system may redirect you to the ‘Register’ page rather than the ‘Welcome’ page EVEN IF YOUR PAYMENT HAS GONE THROUGH SUCCESSFULLY – therefore, if you did NOT get an error message after pressing the „Register“ button, please do not attempt to register again.
Please check your e-mail for a payment confirmation message and a receipt.
Your renewal didn’t work? Please follow our Trouble-shooting guide in our FAQ section first.
If your renewal is still not working, please get in touch and we will help you to reconnect to your membership.
We hope to see you in New York, Basel and London for our events at the CAA, Art Basel and our ‘Art Fairs’ Conference!
Thank you for being Part of the Network!
- We changed our subscription regime on 22 November 2016. All memberships created after this date will last for 365 days exactly and will auto-renew if you chose this option.
- However, all previous memberships were set to expire on 31 Jan 2017 and will not auto-renew even if you chose this option. For reasons of compliance, the earlier memberships have to be renewed manually by each member.
- If you signed up on or before 22 November 2016 and wish to renew your subscription, please follow the instructions above.
- If you signed up after 22 November 2016 you don’t need to do anything. Your membership is valid for 365 days and will then auto-renew if you chose this option.
- If you chose a 1-year subscription you will receive a reminder to renew three weeks before expiration.
- If you are unsure about your membership, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Did you know?
When logged in you can enter more information about yourself, change your password, add a picture or describe your research interests, current position, etc. Use the profile area in the top right-hand corner of the black bar to update your details.
This post may not concern you if you have signed up to our BLOG only. Please head to our 'Register' page if you would like to become a member and enjoy discounts on books, conferences and receive our membership newsletter.