Information on TIAMSA membership and payments:
- What is the membership period?
Your membership starts on the day you sign up and lasts for 12 months.
- Do I have to renew my membership?
As is common in associations of this kind, memberships automatically renew after twelve months.
- Do I need proof of status to register with a concessionary membership fee?
We need to keep our administration as lean as possible and therefore do not check your proof of concessionary status. You may register with a concessionary fee if you are certain that you are eligible – but please bear in mind that we depend on all the support we can get. Also, please modify your membership if your status has changed.
- How can I change the status of my membership? (e.g. if I am not eligible for concessionary status any longer)?
After login, go to ‘Your Membership’ page and follow the instructions.
- Which currency / credit cards does TIAMSA accept?
We currently accept payments in British Pounds (£ / GBP). We accept Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and American Express. as well as PayPal.
- I have a new credit card: Where can I update my details?
Log in. Once logged in, use the ‘Join’ drop down menu in the main menu bar to find ‘Update Billing Details’. Here you will be able to update expired credit card details.
- Can I cancel my membership?
You may terminate your membership by simple written communication at any time. There is no refund of fees. For termination of your membership, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I access the ‘Members Only’ area on the site?
After you have logged in, the ‘Members Only’ button will appear on the right in the main menu bar. As you click this button you will enter the restricted area of the site.
- Can’t find what you are looking for?
If you are a non-paying visitor or blog subscriber to this site you may not be able to access all areas. Why not become a member here to access all areas? Register here.
If you are a paying member of TIAMSA and still cannot find what you are looking for, please log in and browse the MEMBERS ONLY area (the access button will appear at the right of the main menu bar after login).
- Experiencing problems with registration?
Here are some hints if your registration page goes grey and the little loading sign (‘wheel’) keeps spinning:
– Google Chrome (available for free download from Google) seems to work better with our payment structure provider than other browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.).
– Older browser versions tend to create problems: please consider updating your browser before contacting us.
– It may help to empty your browser’s cache if you have previously tried to register unsuccessfully and are trying again at a later point.
– If you work for an institution with a strong fire wall (university, museum, etc.), we encourage you to sign up from a private computer.
– If problems persist, please send a message to email@example.com.
- Can I get a receipt for my payment?
A receipt for your payment will automatically be sent to you by e-mail. If you lose it, you can always view and print it again: Just login and proceed to ‘Your Membership’ page.
- How can I change my details (e-mail, password, etc.)?
After login, a black bar appears at the very top of the screen. By clicking on your name in the top right hand corner, you can access the ‘Edit my profile’ page. Please note that you cannot change your username.