Buenos Aires, October 17 – 19, 2018
Deadline: Jun 1, 2018
[Spanish version below]
The Argentine Center for Art Researchers (CAIA) convenes the IV Meeting of Young Researchers in Theory and History of the Arts. The event will take place on October 17, 18 and 19, 2018 in the autonomous City of Buenos Aires.
Among the objectives of the CAIA is the promotion, dissemination and circulation of research in the arts. In keeping with these purposes, the call is aimed at researchers in training, with undergraduate degrees in course or completed, master’s and doctoral students who are currently studying their postgraduate studies. The Encuentro is proposed as a space for critical debate for individual or group research, inserted at the same time in the broadest debates in the history of the arts, their theories and their methods.
Practices and circuits
– Collecting, consumption and art market.
– Criticism and cultural journalism.
– Processes of artistic institutionalization: academies, workshops and training of artists; exhibition spaces, market, exchange and circulation of the arts.
– Art and public space.
– Art, religion and sacredness.
Theories and methodological approaches
– Historiography and methodology problems.
– Discussions about the category of work of art, aesthetic object and image.
– Problems of materialities, languages, genres and representation.
– Images and visual culture: the image, its means of reproduction and supports
– Art, body and gender issues.
– Art and politics: history, memory and visual discourses. Continue reading “CFP: Researchers in Theory and History of the Arts (Buenos Aires, 17-19 Oct 18)”