The Center for Art Collection Ethics (ACE) at the University of Denver (DU) is pleased to announce a fully virtual training program on the fundamentals of Nazi-era art provenance research, August 2–6, 2021. Our program is geared toward graduate students in any field and emerging museum professionals, with sessions available to the broader public. We will offer a postgraduate certificate of completion to twenty students through an application process, with full scholarships provided by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation. In addition, non-certificate students and other attendees may register for a $30 daily fee.
Apply by: 30 Jun 2021
Our planning team includes Renée Albiston, Associate Museum Director of Kirkland Museum Fine & Decorative Art; Elizabeth Campbell, Associate Professor of History and Director of ACE; Angelica Daneo, Chief Curator and Curator of European Art before 1900 at the Denver Art Museum; and MacKenzie Mallon, Specialist, Provenance, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri.
For seamless and secure program delivery, we are using the OpenWater virtual conferencing platform.
Timeline for Certificate Applications:
– Applications accepted on a rolling basis through 11:59 pm on June 30, 2021.
– Notifications of acceptance in early July 2021.
Twenty students will be accepted.
Please submit in a single pdf to email@example.com:
– Application form (https://liberalarts.du.edu/sites/default/files/2021-05/2021%20NEA%20Training%20Application%20UPDATED%27_1.pdf) with essay
– A short curriculum vitae (1–2 pages)
– College and University transcripts
– One recommendation form (https://liberalarts.du.edu/sites/default/files/2021-05/Updated-Recommendation-Form_0.pdf) and letter from a professor or supervisor able to comment on your potential for outstanding work in museums or other cultural and educational institutions. The letter should be sent from the author directly to us, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit our website at https://liberalarts.du.edu/art-collection-ethics/training and follow us on Instagram and Twitter @UofDenver_ACE.