The University of Zurich’s Executive Master in Art Market Studies offers an independent and rigorous program, designed by leading professionals and academics to meet the current challenges of the art market.
The application process for the next program (September 2023 – June 2025) is now open!
The outstanding faculty includes more than 60 international art market specialists and scholars who share their knowledge, experience and network with our students.
Participants of the program benefit from Switzerland’s unique network of globally recognized cultural and research institutions, auction houses, galleries and best-in-class collectors.
This interdisciplinary and integrative program covers the following major areas:
- History of Art and Connoisseurship
- Art Law and Ethics
- Art Transactions and Valuation
- Digital Strategies and New Tech
These subjects are conveyed in lectures and workshops. In addition, several field trips are organized.
Courses are entirely taught in English and are held on Fridays and Saturdays in Zurich. In-class-lectures are also accessible live on Zoom and distant learning is possible.
The participants will
- develop their knowledge of the history, materials, and production processes of fine and applied arts from the Renaissance to the present day
- evaluate artworks and use the latest art market analytical tools
- use case studies to improve legal knowledge and foster ethical thinking
- learn to synthesize and analyze processes that are critical to small and midsized businesses, and to develop innovative solutions for the commercial art world
- develop their leadership and management skills
- analyze the latest digital processes and new techs related to the art market
Academic credits in compliance with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) are awarded.
For further information and application details, please visit our website www.emams.uzh.ch or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.